New 2019 6.7L Cummins Engine
Over the last couple of years, we’ve seen GM and Ford make some big strides towards achieving close to 1,000 torque, but they both felt just a tad short. Ram, with their 5th generation heavy duty trucks, partnered with a newly designed 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel engine, have shattered the 1000 ft/lb threshold. Don’t forget, unlike Ford and GM trucks, Cummins horsepower and torque numbers can be different between trim levels. Only the 2019 Ram 3500 equipped with the Aisin transmission is capable of 1,000 torque. Even with that being said, the 6.7L platform as a whole, received some significant changes! Find out what changed with this new 2019 6.7L Cummins engine below!
New 2019 6.7L Cummins Engine Improvements
- Higher Capacity High Pressure Pump
- CGI Block: The block is created of Compact Graphite Iron to not only vastly improve cylinder pressure capabilities, but they managed to reduce the weight of the new 6.7L Cummins motor by almost 60 pounds!
- Cast Iron Cylinder head with high temperature exhaust valves.
- High Strength Alloy CrankShaft that feature a 10-bolt crank flange.
- New forged connecting rods and bearings
- New VGT: A new variable geometry turbocharger featuring HD bearings, and a brand new compressor-side housing that is capable of up to 33 PSI of Boost.
- New Exhaust Manifold
- New Fuel Delivery System made up of a new 29,000 PSI fuel pump & a new fuel rail with Cummins filtration system featuring NanoNet technology
- New Enlarged Intercooler
New 6.7L Cummins Motor Gallery
With the 5th Gen Ram heavy duty trucks, Ram changed a lot more than just their 6.7L Cummins Motor. They drastically changed the interior, redesigned the exterior, and added some really cool features. Make sure you stay tuned, we’ll be regularly posting about the new 5th Generation Cummins!
Want to Find out more About the New 6.7L Cummins?
Find out more about the new 2019 6.7L Cummins Engine by clicking here.